I think we can all agree that technology is changing the way financial advisors conduct business. However, did you know that in order to become the Advisor of Tomorrow, you must have the “Anywhere Office?” By this I mean that you must be able to conduct business regardless of your geographic location. In order to survive in the industry, financial advisors are going to have to appeal to a demographic that has technology intertwined into the fabric of their everyday lives. Most Gen X & Gen Y cannot be found without a smart phone, iPad, or Tablet in their hands. Through cloud-based applications and mobile apps, they bring a wealth of information and resources with them everywhere they go. What does this mean for financial advisors? They will expect you to do the same.
For example: You’re meeting with a very busy client who truly embraces technology and they are unable to meet at your office, so you schedule to meet at their office or a coffee shop down the street. If you don’t show up with more than a paper notepad and some business cards, you’ve already lost the business. The Advisor of Tomorrow would show up with their “Anywhere Office,” build rapport, establish a relationship, and earn the business. So what is the “Anywhere Office?” The anywhere office is a mobile version of your existing office software/applications so that you can log into your system and conduct business as usual from a remote location. If you are using software in your office that offers these capabilities, you are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to potentially provide better service in a more timely and efficient manner. Now, I understand that there is a wealth of software products available; however here are a few examples of CRMs, Aggregation systems, and other tools to help you work efficiently from anywhere.
- Junxure (CRM)
- For Junxure users, you can log in on a secure, live web access to the same database that’s running in your physical office. You’ll have full functionality to enter notes, assign tasks to staff members in your office, and ability to ensure that your clients receive timely and efficient service from you and your staff.
- You can also search client records as well as view pending transactions all from your mobile devices (laptops, iPad/Tablet, or smartphone).
- CLICK HERE for a recap of the mobile offering from Junxure
- RedTail (CRM)
- Take advantage of many of the features of your in-office software from the comfort of your “Anywhere Office.”
- On a smart phone, it even supports landscape mode for more visibility when searching client records and contact information.
- CLICK HERE for more information from Redtail.
- eMoney Advisor (must be licensed ADVISOR or CLIENT) to use this application)
- Allows access to client files and permits them to edit documents in their vault
- Provides added value to the client (insight and control over their information)
- CLICK HERE for more information from eMoney
- LaserApp Anywhere
- ‘Anywhere’ is a mobile forms-filling solution that can be accessed from any mobile device that has a secure Internet connection.
- The goal of this tool is to ideally save, print, and/or electronically sign and securely transmit documents from the advisor to his or her broker-dealer.
- NetX360 Mobile
- For those advisors on the Pershing platform, NetX360 mobile provides the ability to access client data, place trades, and prepare for meetings on the go.
- Works on iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, and devices running on Windows Mobile.
- CLICK HERE for more information from Pershing
As I said before, there are countless tools you may leverage to build and expand upon your “Anywhere Office.” The key is to begin implementing them one tool at a time to ensure that you are able to accurately and securely track as well as manage your office from any location. Take these ideas and utilize them in your business and you will surely be on your way to becoming the Advisor of Tomorrow.
Disclosure: I am by no means compensated with any of the software platforms listed above. They were mentioned as observations of existing tools available for advisors and for educational purposes only and should not be construed as endorsements.