Everywhere you look, marketers are telling you that you need to leverage technology. With that in mind, I thought I would provide this quick tip for advisors seeking to leverage technology (particularly the iPad for presentation purposes).
At this point in your career you have probably delivered a few presentations, either in front of a group or walked a prospect through a presentation (one-on-one). If you are tired of pulling out your laptop, waiting for it to power up, and then locating where you saved your PowerPoint file; then I have a quick solution for you.
One of the quickest ways I know to efficiently use your PowerPoints on an iPad and save them would be to import them into Keynote for iPad. Here are the quick steps to get your PowerPoints running smoothly.
Here are the quick steps:
- Pay $9.99 and purchase Keynote for iPad from the App Store (if you haven’t done so already)
- Send the PowerPoint as an attachment to an e-mail you can access on your iPad
- Open email, and then open the message containing the presentation you want to import.
- Click on the file’s image in the email to open it in a preview format.
- Click on and then click “Open in Keynote.”
Once completed, Keynote will automatically open and you will see your presentation(s) stored for future reference. Keynote will convert it to a legible format for the application and allow you to make edits as you would normally do in PowerPoint.
Now you have the tools to quickly turn any desktop based presentation into a mobile presentation in the palm of your hands that you may easily share with clients and prospects.